Monday 9 April 2012

April round-up - Fruit

The other week I was looking through the older posts and realised there were some things I haven't posted about for a while. Also, I haven't done a general round-up for a few weeks, so with the bad weather (and the mother-of-all hangovers!) keeping me indoors I've got some time to catch up. Let's start with the fruit...
The grape-vine in the greenhouse is romping on. No sign of any fruit yet. Need to keep an eye out.
Raspberries seem to have benefited from a good manuring. Next year's fruiting stems have started to appear at the base of this year's already.
The Morello cherry is nearly in blossom. I think I should have planted it much closer to the fence and trained it as a fan. Probably too late to move it this year. Might have to leave it until next year.
Bramley blossom is starting to form...
...and the Elstart seems to be kicking into life too. Forgot to take piccies of the red and white vines on the pergola, but there's no sign of life on them yet. Hope they survived the winter. The fig is also slow to come into life, one or two new shoots, so some positive signs.
Have also planted lemon, Clementine and Kiwi Fruit seeds in my propagator in the house. Should be quite an exotic scene in the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment