Thursday 21 June 2012

Mid-June roundup - veg

Things are growing so quickly now we've hit the summer solstice (and maybe all the wet weather!) that I thought I'd take some pictures of their progress.

Good crop of peas this year, swelling up nicely.
 My beefsteak tomatoes in the greenhouse are racing away compared to those outside.
  Here, Super Marmande...
 ...here Big Boy...
 ...and here Bel Riccio.
Aldis are doing some summer veg at the moment for £2.99. Picked up an aubergine. Now sure what variety, but label said it was compact and suitable for patios. I tried growing one last year but it failed to pollinate. This one has lots of flower buds on it already, so hopefully it will do better.
 The Rocket potatoes in the bulk-planter are doing so well I've had to stake and string them up.
 





No comments:

Post a Comment