Saturday 30 June 2012

Vertical gardening

During the week I picked up some hanging plant troughs from a local gardener to add to my vertical garden. The wall is south west facing and gets very hot in the sun, so I buried some pots into the troughs to get water to the bottom. Had some beans, pak choi and lettuce ready to go in, so in they went. Job done.

 On the lower level I have pots with courgette, French beans, a Jostaberry and a Passion flower.   
 On the top level there are three small Tumbler tomatoes which are doing very well and starting to fruit already.



1 comment:

  1. wow peter - looks great! so tidy. glad you put the troughs to good use. I really like your earlier pitures of the open gardens too as we missed them, especially interested in the tall greenhouse....
    all the best, kate.

    ReplyDelete